« ForrigeFortsæt »
THE INTERNATIONAL EDUCATION SERIES.-(Continued.)
19. Psychology Applied to the Art of Teaching. By JOSEPH BALDWIN, A. M., LL. D. $1.50.
20. Rousseau's Emile; OR, TREATISE ON EDUCATION. Translated and annotated by W. H. PAYNE, Ph. D., LL. D. $1.50.
21. The Moral Instruction of Children. By FELIX ADLER. $1.50. 22. English Education in the Elementary and Secondary Schools. By ISAAC SHARPLESS, LL. D., President of Haverford College. $1.00. 23. Education from a National Standpoint. By ALFRED FOUILLÉE. $1.50. 24. Mental Development of the Child. By W. PREYER, Professor of Physiology in Jena. Translated by H. W. BROWN. $1.00. 25. How to Study and Teach History. By B. A. HINSDALE, Ph. D., LL. D., University of Michigan. $1.50.
26. Symbolic Education. A COMMENTARY ON FROEBEL'S "MOTHER-PLAY." By SUSAN E. BLOW. $1.50.
27. Systematic Science Teaching.
By EDWARD GARDNIER HOWE. $1.50. 28. The Education of the Greek People. By THOMAS DAVIDSON. $1.50. 29. The Evolution of the Massachusetts Public-School System. By G. H. MARTIN, A. M. $1.50.
30. Pedagogics of the Kindergarten. By FRIEDRICH FROEBEL. 12mo. $1.50. 31. The Mottoes and Commentaries of Freidrich Froebel's MotherPlay. By SUSAN E. BLOW and HENRIETTA R. ELIOT. $1.50.
32. The Songs and Music of Froebel's Mother-Play. By Susan E. BLOW. $1.50.
33. The Psychology of Number, and its Application to Methods of Teaching Arithmetic. By JAMES A. MCLELLAN, A. M., and JOHN DEWEY, Ph. D. $1.50.
SPEECH, READING, COMPOSITION. By
35. The Intellectual and Moral Development of the Child. PART I. Containing Chapters on PERCEPTION, EMOTION, MEMORY, IMAGINATION, and CONSCIOUSNESS. By GABRIEL COMPAYRÉ. Translated from the French by MARY E. WILSON. $1.50.
34. Teaching the Language-Arts.
B. A. HINSDALE, Ph. D., IL. D. $1.00.
36. Herbart's A B C of Sense-Perception, and Introductory Works. By WILLIAM J. ЕCKOFF, Ph. D., Pd. D. $1.50.
37. Psychologic Foundations of Education. By WILLIAM T. HARRIS,
A. M, LL. D. $1.50.
38. The School System of Ontario. By the Hon. GEORGE W. Ross, LL. D., Minister of Education for the Province of Ontario. $1.00.
39 Principles and Practice of Teaching. By JAMES JOHONNOT. $1.50. 40. School Management and School Methods. By JOSEPH BALDWIN. $1.50.
41. Froebel's Educational Laws for all Teachers. By JAMES L. HUGHES, Inspector of Schools, Toronto. $1.50.
42. Bibliography of Education. By WILL S. MONROE, A. B. $2.00. 43. The Study of the Child. By A. R. TAYLOR, Ph. D. $1.50.
44. Education by Development. By FRIEDRICH FROEBEL. Translated by JOSEPHINE JARVIS. $1.50.
45. Letters to a Mother. By SUSAN E. BLOW. $1.50.
46. Montaigne's The Education of Children. Translated by L. E. RECTOR, Ph. D. $1.00.
47. The Secondary School System of Germany. By FREDERICK E. DOLTON. $1.50.
OTHER VOLUMES IN PREPARATION.
D. APPLETON AND COMPANY, NEW YORK.
LETTERS TO A MOTHER
ON THE PHILOSOPHY OF FROEBEL
SUSAN E. BLOW
AUTHOR OF SYMBOLIC EDUCATION, MOTTOES AND COMMENTARIES
By D. APPLETON AND COMPANY.
ELECTROTYPED AND PRINTED
TO MY SISTER
AND MY NIECE
THROUGH WHOSE BRIEF BUT BEAUTIFUL LIVES
I LEARNED TO REVERE IDEAL CHILDHOOD,
IS TENDERLY DEDICATED.