« ForrigeFortsæt »
ON SELECTIONS FROM
THE ACTS AND EPISTLES.
PRICE, TWENTY-FIVE CENTS.
UNITARIAN SUNDAY-SCHOOL SOCIETY,
7 TREMONT PLACE.
THIS volume is simply what its title indicates, a series of Sunday-School Lessons on Selections from the Acts and Epistles. The first half of the book is mainly historical; the last half chiefly practical. Both portions will be found interesting and profitable in proportion as teachers and scholars give them study and thought. Neither portion will be of much use if teachers and scholars come to the class without preparation.
BOSTON, May 22, 1882.
G. F. P.
THE DAY OF PENTECOST.
Acts II. 1-13.
Father, let thy Spirit holy
Make me loving, pure, and lowly,
GOLDEN TEXT: If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children, how much more shall your heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to them that ask him, — LUKE xi. 13.
1. What three great feasts did the Jews observe at Jerusalem every year?
The feast of the Passover, the feast of Pentecost, and the feast of Tabernacles.
2. At which of these feasts was Jesus put to death?
At the feast of the Passover.
3. What took place at the feast of Pentecost, fifty days after?
The disciples of Jesus felt the influence of the Holy Spirit as they never had before.
4. What is the Holy Spirit?
It is the Spirit of God.
5. Has this Spirit always been in the world?
Yes, it has always been in the world, and it has always acted to some extent on the hearts of men.
6. Who had more of this Spirit than any one else who has lived on earth?
7. How can we gain more of the Holy Spirit?