« ForrigeFortsæt »
12mo, cloth, uniform binding.
THE INTERNATIONAL EDUCATION SERIES was projecte
pose of bringing together in orderly arrangement the best writfor the purold, upon educational subjects, and presenting a complete course of, new and training for teachers generally. It is edited by WILLIAM T. HARiding and United States Commissioner of Education, who has contributed for thLL. D., volumes in the way of introduction, analysis, and commentary. ifferent
1. The Philosophy of Education. By JOHANN K. F. ROSENKRA. tor of Theology and Professor of Philosophy, University of KönDocTranslated by ANNA C. BRACKETT. Second edition, revised, withrg. mentary and complete Analysis. $1.50.
2. A History of Education. By F. V. N. PAINTER, A. M., Professo. Modern Languages and Literature, Roanoke College, Va. $1.50.
3. The Rise and Early Constitution of Universities. WITH A SU VEY OF MEDIEVAL EDUCATION. By S. S. LAURIE, LL. D., Professor o. the Institutes and History of Education, University of Edinburgh. $1.50.
4. The Ventilation and Warming of School Buildings. By GILBERT B. MORRISON, Teacher of Physics and Chemistry, Kansas City High School. $1.00.
5. The Education of Man. By FRIEDRICH FROEBEL. Translated and annotated by W. N. HAILMANN, A. M., Superintendent of Public Schools, La Porte, Ind. $1.50.
6. Elementary Psychology and Education. By JOSEPH BALDWIN, A. M., LL. D., author of The Art of School Management." $1.50.
7. The Senses and the Will. (Part I of THE MIND OF THE CHILD.") By W. PREYER, Professor of Physiology in Jena. Translated by H. W. BROWN, Teacher in the State Normal School at Worcester, Mass. $1.50.
8. Memory: What it is and How to Improve it. By DAVID KAY, F. R. G. S., author of "Education and Educators," etc. $1.50.
9. The Development of the Intellect. (Part II of "THE MIND OF THE CHILD.") By W. PREYER, Professor of Physiology in Jena. Translated by H. W. BROWN. $1.50.
10. How to Study Geography.
A Practical Exposition of Methods and Devices in Teaching Geography which apply the Principles and Plans of Ritter and Guyot. By FRANCIS W. PARKER, Principal of the Cook County (Illinois) Normal School. $1.50.
11. Education in the United States: Its History from the Earliest Settlements. By RICHARD G. BOONE, A. M., Professor of Pedagogy, Indiana University. $1.50.
12. European Schools; OR, WHAT I SAW IN THE SCHOOLS OF GERMANY, FRANCE, AUSTRIA, AND SWITZERLAND. By L. R. KLEMM, Ph. D., Principal of the Cincinnati Technical School. Fully illustrated.
13. Practical Hints for the Teachers of Public Schools. By GEORGE HOWLAND, Superintendent of the Chicago Public Schools. $1.00.
14. Pestalozzi: His Life and Work. By ROGER DE GUIMPS. Authorized Translation from the second French edition, by J. RUSSELL, B. A. With an Introduction by Rev. R. H. QUICK, M. A. $1.50.
15. School Supervision. By J. L. PICKARD, LL. D. $1.00.
16. Higher Education of Women in Europe. By HELENE LANGE, Berlin. Translated and accompanied by comparative statistics by L. R. KLEMM. $1.00.
17. Isays on Educational Reformers. By ROBERT HERBERT QUICK, M. A., Trinity College, Cambridge. Only authorized edition of the work as rewritten in 1890. $1.50.
18. A Text-Book in Psychology. By JOHANN FRIEDRICH HERBART. Translated by MARGARET K. SMITH. $1.00.
10 Psychology Applied to the Art of Teaching. By JOSEPH BALDWIN, A. M., LL. D. $1.50.
THE INTERNATIONAL EDUCATION SERIES.—(Continued.)
's Emile; OR, TREATISE ON EDUCATION. Translated and anby W. H. PAYNE, Ph. D., LL. D. $1.50.
oral Instruction of Children. By FELIX ADLER. $1.50. sh Education in the Elementary and Secondary Schools. EPISAAC SHARPLESS, LL. D., President of Haverford College. $1.00.
acation from a National Standpoint. By ALFRED FOUILLÉE. $1.50. 23. ental Development of the Child. By W. PREYER, Professor of 24 Physiology in Jena. Translated by H. W. BROWN. $1.00.
How to Study and Teach History. By B. A. HINSDALE, Ph. D., LL. D.,
3. Symbolic Education. A COMMENTARY ON FROEBEL'S "MOTHER-PLAY." By SUSAN E. BLOW. $1.50.
27. Systematic Science Teaching. By EDWARD GARDNIER HOWE. $1.50. 28. The Education of the Greek People. By THOMAS DAVIDSON. $1.50. 29. The Evolution of the Massachusetts Public-School System. By G. H. MARTIN, A. M. $1.50.
30. Pedagogics of the Kindergarten. By FRIEDRICH FROEBEL. $1.50. 31. The Mottoes and Commentaries of Friedrich Froebel's MotherPlay. By SUSAN E. BLOW and HENRIETTA R. ELIOT. $1.50. 32. The Songs and Music of Froebel's Mother-Play. By SUSAN E. BLOW. $1.50.
By JAMES A. MCLELLAN, A. M., and
34. Teaching the Language-Arts. By B. A. HINSDALE, LL. D. $1.00. 35. The Intellectual and Moral Development of the Child. PART I. By GABRILL COMPAYRÉ. Translated by MARY E. WILSON. $1.50. 36. Herbart's A B C of Sense-Perception, and Introductory Works. By WILLIAM J. ECKOFF, Pd. D., Ph. D. $1.50.
33. The Psychology of Number. JOHN DEWEY, Ph. D. $1.50.
37. Psychologic Foundations of Education. By WILLIAM T. HARRIS, A. M., LL. D. $1.50.
38. The School System of Ontario. By the Hon. GEORGE W. Ross, LL. D., Minister of Education for the Province of Ontario. $1.00.
39. Principles and Practice of Teaching. By JAMES JOHONNOT. $1.50. 40. School Management and Methods. By JoSEPH BALDWIN. 41. Froebel's Educational Laws for all Teachers. HUGHES, Inspector of Schools, Toronto. $1.50.
By JAMES L.
42. Bibliography of Education. By WILL S. MONROE, A. B. $2.00. 43. The Study of the Child. By A. R. TAYLOR, Ph. D. $1.50.
44. Education by Development. By FRIEDRICH FROEBEL. Translated by JOSEPHINE JARVIS. $1.50.
45. Letters to a Mother. By SUSAN E. BLOW. $1.50.
46. Montaigne's The Education of Children. Translated by L. E. RECTOR, Ph. D. $1.00.
47. The Secondary School System of Germany.
By FREDERICK E.
48. Advanced Elementary Science. By EDWARD G. HowE. $1.50. 49. Dickens as an Educator. By JAMES L. HUGHES. $1.50.
50. Principles of Education Practically Applied.
By JAMES M. GREENWOOD. $1.00.
OTHER VOLUMES IN PREPARATION.
D. APPLETON AND COMPANY, NEW YORK.